Sunday, 5 July 2015

Downhill Run & Festival in the Park

Its been a full-on day in Frodsham - we've had the Downhill run, Rotary's festival in the park and the Liverpool - Chester cycle ride pounding through the town.  The weather gave us a full performance too -  glorious sunshine, thunder and lightening and torrential rain!

As a community we owe a huge debt of gratitude to the volunteers who spend weeks and months planning and putting on these events.  It is their hard work that allows us a community to come together and have fun!

I know there are some people who take the downhill run very seriously but most of us do it for fun.  I think it is really wonderful to see so many families running together.  Secretly I'm pleased so many youngsters do run - as it gives me more of chance to finish higher up the field than I really deserve.  This year I was 113th!

The 250 or so of us doing the downhill run were very fortunate with the weather today - we had the sunshine!  We even had the weather celebrating the 10th anniversary of the event in its present format.

I have to say a huge thank you to the Community Centre, Forest Hills, Roundtable, Scouts Rotary and the army of volunteers who made today possible.  I also have to say a personal thank-you to my daughter Sarah who stood at St Laurence church and took 260 or so photographs of the runners.   She's captured most people- so if anyone wants an action shot of the race drop me an email to andrew.dawson@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk and I'll share access to the photographs with you.


The leader at the Ringers

accelerating round the bend!
It is a wonderful family event



Dilys has run in every downhill run... a legend