Thursday, 21 November 2013

An evening with Frodsham Model Car Club

I was honoured and delighted to be invited by Frodsham Model Car Club to one of their regular meetings at the Community Centre.  Last February Lynn and I awarded the club a £250 grant for the club to buy a 'club car' and for them to encourage more people, and especially youngsters to take part without having to spend serious money.

I was really pleased to see a full pit lane with several teenagers - all were keen to tell me how good the club car is and just how much use it has had!

The club members run cars of 1/10th and 1/12th scale.  The cars run really fast - I was told up to 40mph can be typical - and this is before you scale the speed up!   If you are a newbie - you are better going for a robust 1/10th scale car - they cost less and allow you to race competitively without breaking the bank.

I had a really enjoyable evening - and would encourage anyone who fancies a go to turn up on a Thursday evening at the Community Centre for a go.

The British Model Racing Car Association were also present tonight along with TV cameras... and then they asked me to take part in a race... on camera!  Guess what I came last.
BMRCA cars under charge

Phil Spark FMRCC's timekeeper being interviewed on camera

Club colours 
Pit lane action
Incidentally I did take pictures of the cars racing - but they all came out blurred - even with the flash on the camera - that's how fast they go!