Saturday, 15 December 2012

Frodsham Treasure Hunt

Frodsham Foundation have organised a treasure hunt in Frodsham today.



The idea was to encourage families to visit several of the local shops, hopefully encouraging them to browse, spend and to see what Frodsham has on offer as well as providing seasonal fun.  Several local businesses supported the venture and donated prizes.  Everyone who entered got a goodie bag - and one lucky person will win a Kindle Fire!

It was a good first attempt.  I'd like to see more innovation next time - perhaps with the businesses giving special offers to tempt more of us to visit the shops.  If we don't use them we risk losing them.  However we have to have the businesses being willing participants too.

I had the pleasure of playing Santa this morning - selling the treasure hunt maps outside the Bear's Paw!

One advantage being dressed as Santa is that you can keep warm even on a grey and rainy day.  One little lad came up to me and said - 'You can't be the real Santa - you are not fat enough!'  Fortunately there were witnesses to the comment - otherwise I'm sure my wife wouldn't believe me.

It was a great event - and something I hope our local businesses and the foundation will run again.  I'm happy to help again - but please, next time, not in the Santa costume.  Being Santa is great fun - but the false beard and whiskers don't half itch!

Now Santa did ask the Mayor of Frodsham Cllr Lynn Riley whether she had been good this year ... I couldn't possibly tell you what she said!