Saturday, 22 September 2012

Frodsham Foundation open day at the Goods Shed

It was an early start today - down to Frodsham Railway Station to set up the Goods Shed for the Frodsham Foundation open day.  I found myself with the Foundation crew of Rod, Mary and Kate sweeping the floor and erecting tables, A boards etc.

Mike Pusey as a Bee!
A special mention has to be made of Mike Pusey who turned up as a bumble bee to encourage the locals to come a view the inside of the goods shed and let us have their views on Frodsham and how we should see it develop and in particular what use could be made of the Goods Shed.

Inside the Goods Shed
There must have been over 300 people who came to discuss Frodsham, the Goods Shed and a host of other issues from School Buses, the Local Plan, the Swing Bridge, Leisure facilities, cycling, swimming pools and many many other things.  Certainly I didn't notice time passing - the first time I looked at my watch it was 12 noon!  It was great to listen to so many ideas.


I have to give a special thank you to the CWaC officers who spent time with us this morning.  You helped make this a successful event for us.

Setting up

I had a fascinating chat with Jenny Evans Frodsham's Librarian.  She has got fantastic plans for making more use of our Library facilities.  She talked animatedly to me about her hopes that CWaC will be able to relocate the Library to the Leisure Centre.  She is aiming to expand its opening hours and the use of the facilities.  We are very lucky to have such a passionate visionary Librarian! 
debating the issues