Thursday, 31 May 2012

Living Well?

Government at all levels has a language all of its own.  I've been asked to head a policy development board that goes under the snappy title of 'Living Well.'  It certainly isn't one of those 'it does what it says on the tin' type titles!  This policy development board will consider, amongst other things, how we can re shape the delivery of  public sector services at a local level.  I had an interesting discussion on this topic last night.

Inevitably it has set me thinking - what is my community?  For some things it is clearly Frodsham, for others perhaps it could be my road.   If given a blank sheet of paper what do you end up with when it comes to delivering services locally?  Is it based on geography - or perhaps on linked themes of common interest?

Well I'll be wrestling with this for the next few months.  Let me know your thoughts please!