Friday, 3 February 2012

And on the 3rd day...

I have had a manic week.  Lets leave aside for one moment that I do have a full time day job, I have spent the last 3 days heavily engaged in local government work.

On Wednesday I was in London with Cllr Lynn Riley and Graham Evans MP.  That was all about the swing bridge - I'll report more about that in due course - suffice it to say at this stage Lynn and I are very much engaged on this.

Thursday was the Fostering Panel - with all the responsibility and difficult decisions ... and then today.

Today kicked off with the Police Authority Finance Committee and the detailed work on the police budget for next year.  There are some very difficult decisions to be faced here - and we have until 21 February to decide what we need to do.  Lunchtime saw Lynn and I with CWaC officers discussing Frodsham, the challenges we face and crucially where we see great opportunity for bringing change and improvement.

And then in the afternoon we had the first round of interviews for the new Town Clerk for Frodsham.  We interviewed two candidates and we have another 4 to interview next week.