Sunday, 27 November 2011

Frodsham Christmas Festival

Wow - what a night!  On Friday night Frodsham was packed out with people celebrating the Christmas Lights being switched on and 'Santa's Procession' along Main Street.

I don't think I've ever seen so many people in Frodsham at one time - let alone gathering to have fun.  There was a major innovation this year with the Food Market at the Railway Station - which also included some performance space. 

I was glad I was walking everywhere (other than my ride on the open top bus!) as car parking and congestion was something of a problem!  All the reports I've received (bar one) have been very favourable with revellers, market traders, the police and the organisers all reporting a good evening.  

So, it gives me great pleasure to pass on Frodsham's thanks to everyone who made the event so successful.

There will be a review - so if anyone wants to let me have feedback on the event - please email me andrew.dawson@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk