Monday, 18 July 2011

The art of opposition

In our political system we rely on argument, debate and challenge to refine and hone policies and judgments.  In many ways opposition is easy - especially if all you set out to do is oppose, probably for opposition's sake.  In fact opposition at this level is probably what gives politics a bad name - pointless argument and posturing.

I've endured and enjoyed opposition on FTC for 4 years - and I'd like to thing that, notwithstanding the frustrations of not being listened to on many occasions it never stopped me raising what I thought were good ideas, or providing advice in a non-pointed way, to make things better.

Oh for the day when those challenging what we are trying to do with FTC learn the art.  Apparently everything the old FTC did was wonderful according to what I read.  Wake up and smell the coffee!